Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Got two Suzuki DF175 that are shaking (Strongly) They are…

Customer Question
Hi there, got two...

Hi there, got two Suzuki DF175 that are shaking (Strongly)

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

They are 2.5 years old and have a bit off a knocking sound and shake

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

That's it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

H​ello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. When was the last time this engine ran correctly? Have you done anything on your own yet to troubleshoot the problem?

This is JC. It just started. The odd thing is that both started within a week of each other. The Fuel is good

H​I JC. Have you done anything on your own yet to troubleshoot the problem? Are they under warranty? What kinds of questions did you have for me on the issue?

I like to know what to look for. Is this a timing issue or speak plugs

I​t could anything from water in the fuel to blown engines, with anything in between. Before doing anything, or even running the engines again, I would check the oil level, and then compression test the engines first. Is that something you can do?

I can do that. Anything else if that is not the issue?

D​rain the VST. Change/dump all filters. Hook up a portable fuel tank full of brand new fuel and see if the engine runs any different on the portable tank. That would be done next if the compression is good. How did you want to leave this, were you going to do those things and get back to me?

I'll try this and get back to you. Thank you.

You are very welcome. Let me know how you make out.

H​ello. Just checking in. Did you get the compression test done?

Hey there. I never heard back from you. How did you make out?