Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I just installed a Lowrance Hook 2 fishfinder on my boat-

Customer Question
I just installed a...

I just installed a Lowrance Hook 2 fishfinder on my boat- Part 000-14016-001.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.

I mounted the transducer on a mount pad on the transom and it’s not giving any image on the screen. The transducer is in the water.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?

I don’t think so.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Boat
4/2/2018
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Go into the menu on the Hook, go to Sonar, then down to installation. Select the proper transducer that you have with your unit. This will get the screens up on the unit.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

The transducer came with the unit. Would it not already be selected and working?

No it is not. The head units are make and then the transducer is selected separately. I know it is silly.

Ok. I’m in settings and there isn’t a place noting the type of transducer on this model finder.

Go into the Sonar tab.

I did. All that is listed is: Log sonar, view sonar log, depth offset, and water temp. That’s it. Now what?

I see that in the manual. The Hook2 is supposed to auto select the transducer that you have.

Which screen are you looking at on the unit?

Does your GPS function, if this is not an X model?

Have you already tried to restore defaults?

This is a 5X model. I’ve already tried restore defaults as well.. I’ve been looking at the settings screen. The sonar, while in that mode, shows nothing but a small line at the top of the screen; in either modes- sonar or imaging.