Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Cannot get electrical power from 115 Tahohsu motor to

Customer Question
Cannot get electrical power...

Cannot get electrical power from 115 Tahohsu motor to starter switch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

The voltage regulator was changed end of 2017. Did not try to start engine till this pass week. When I tried to start I did not get power to my gauge that warns me if something is not working as oil injection, fuel injection,etc. and no power to starter switch. Was told starter relay was bad because had power going in to relay and not to the

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

Ave had power going into starter relay but no power leaving starter relay. Put new starter relay on and still have no control voltage to starter switch.

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Boat
4/2/2018
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 18 days ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I do apologize in you not getting a timely response. Yesterday was a holiday and I wasn't working. What is the model number on your Tohatsu 115 outboard as it reads on the ID tag?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Benton is who your cheating with, good morning! The model is MD 115A2 3Tl

Hi Benton. Okay got it. Did you check the fuses on the engine yet?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Checked all fuzzies and found none bad. Checked wireing and red wire did not ohm out. Put temp wire and got power to switch, but not to gauge where that showers if oil injection and other safety’s are working. Can turn motor over from switch now but can’t get RPM gauge to work.

O​kay I guess i do not understand the problem you are having. Originally you wrote "Cannot get electrical power from 115 Tahohsu motor to starter switch". But you just wrote "Can turn motor over from switch". What exactly is the problem you are having?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Spliced in temporary red wire from engine to starter switch on boat that got power to the starter switch.
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I can’t get the lights on the RPM gauge that shows my safeties.
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Can’t verify that my safeties on engine is working.

Th​at isn't something I can help you with. The only way to test your tachometer is to swap it out with a known good tach and see if it works or not. Good luck.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Thanks

Y​ou are welcome. Good luck.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Cancel phone call!

You can contact customer service at***@******.*** and they can take care of your deposit for you.

Dominick
Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic