Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

It makes 4 beeps about every 4 minutes? When the key is

Customer Question
It makes 4 beeps...

It makes 4 beeps about every 4 minutes?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

When the key is turned on and the motor IS running I hear 4 loud alarms coming from the console approximately every 4 minutes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

It runs rough at 1500RPM's otherwise all is well.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Boat
3/30/2018
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 24 days ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

H​ello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote but I do not see any kind of model information. What engines are you asking about specifically?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
2003 mERC 225 EFI

Got it. Mercury outboards are cataloged by serial number, and not year. Do you have that number available so I can see exactly which version of the 225 you have.

Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 23 days ago

Hello. Just checking in. I never heard back from you. Did you figure it out?

Dominick
Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic