Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

My gps has stopped working on my HDS 7. My gps has stopped…

Customer Question
My gps has stopped...

My gps has stopped working on my HDS 7

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.

My gps has stopped working on HDS 7 and I don`t have any stallite located.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?

Replaced lss box, still the same, checked network cable, its good, down scan works, nothing on my chart page but an arrow.

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Boat
3/30/2018
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 25 days ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

do you have a map card in the unit?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Navionics

Thanks.

Remove the map card then boot the unit up to see if the GPS will respond. It is does not, you would first need to update the software on the unit to see if it is a glitch. You can get the software from here:

https://downloads.lowrance.com/

Try this and let me know how it goes. If it does not work for you, we can try the resets on the unit.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Will try this tomorrow morning and let you know.
Thanks

Sounds good. I will be on and off all day..

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Took card out, debooted Set on lowrance and got map of where I`m at with grid lines. No satellites shown working on download
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 24 days ago

Thanks, ***** ***** know how the update goes and we can continue from there is needed.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Downloaded on card, installed card, re boot, still no satellites showing.

Ok, on the unit, start with the power off, press and hold the pages key, then press and release the power key, release the pages key once the map of the USA appears. This is a soft reset.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Done, reset wizard, looking at US map

Great. Go thru the set up on the unit and see if the GPS responds now.

If it does not, back up any waypoints that you want to save to a card.

then power down the unit. With the unit off, press and hold the Zoom in and Zoom out keys. Then press and release the power key. Release the Zoom keys when the map appears. This is a hard reset and will also clear the memory on the unit. If the GPS will not respond from this, the unit will need to go back to Lowrance for repair.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Lost structure scan, no satellites indicated, looks like it is going to Lowrance or can you say Hook2

If you have the Gen 1 HDS, I think that you would be really happy with the Hook 2.

To get the structurescan back, go into the sonar tab on the menu, then scroll down to installation. Go down to transducer, then select the correct one for your install.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thank you for help.
Sorry things haven`t fixed the issuse.So how will the balance of the billng go?

If you accept the answer that I have given you, I will be given a credit for my time with you. If you feel that you wish to get a refund, you can email customer service and request one. Since we do this on the side from our homes, the only way I get paid for it is by getting accepted answers.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok, that's fine. Will look you up should I need any more information.
Again thank you for help.

You are very welcome.

Charles
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic