Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

The combing pads on my 2007 Striper WA are sun rotted and…

Customer Question
The combing pads on...

The combing pads on my 2007 Striper WA are sun rotted and need replacing. Do you sell replacements? I talked with a local upholsterer who advised me to remove the pads and bring them in to his shop. I don't know how to do this. Are the pads screwed in to the combing? If they are, there's no way I can remove them with out cutting open the upholstering, which leaves the problem of how to install the reupholstered pads without cutting into them. I've tried lifting the pads, thinking they might be on clips or hooks, but they won't budge. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Boat
3/29/2018
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

What is the length or model number of your boat?

It's a 2007 Seaswirl Striper 2101 WA, Model(###) ###-#### Serial Number GSSVG045J607

Thanks.

to get to the hardware holding the pads in, you will need to remove items like the speakers, the storage boxes, and any fish rod holders that are in the gunnels of the boat. The pads are installed with the top off the boat so it is easier in the factory to do so, but is a real pain to remove them once the boat is finished. With one of these items out, you will be able to see the studs and nuts that are holding the pads in.