Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

When i started my boat engine today the idle in neutral was…

Customer Question
When i started my...

When i started my boat engine today the idle in neutral was over 2000 rpm. What should I do to slow it down to where it should be?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

Hmmm, thats about all I know. The engine runs way too fast I think, when its in neutral. The engine is a 125 Force.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

Nothing that I am aware of unless he needs to know I installed a new hand pump and lines from the fuel tank to the engine.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Boat
3/29/2018
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Do you have the serial number for the engine?