Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a Lawrance Hook 7 on my boat. Last year I could use…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Lawrance Hook 7 on my boat. Last year I could use my Navionics charts with high precision. When I entered the micro SD card this time, the plotter does not show any detailed charts anymore and I could not find the reason for this

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?

No, I think I did everything ok, I even did a full factory reset with the Hook 7, but got the same disappointing result.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Boat
still no answer?
it takes too long time, so I wait for your e-mail
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2018
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

There are a few things that you can do with the unit. First is to do the software update on the unit. Then also go to Navionics web site and download an update to the card. There could be a bad file on the card now and that is what is causing the Hook ti not read it.

this answer does not help very much ... it is quite logic, that I had updated my Navionics card before I used it. And for the update of the software on the Lawrance, you could have given some more details, how to do it.

to update the Lowrance, down load the software to a device with a card reader. Then take that card and insert it into the Hook, then power it on. The unit will give you some prompts to follow as it reads the card. Here is the link to the software. Also on this page are the owners manuals should you ever need them.

https://downloads.lowrance.com/

I have been informed, that I need to give you a rating. Well, your information did not help me and it was not very fast either. As I had written, the first answer was of no help. Your second answer about updating the Lawrance did not help either. Your link had some manuals but not any update of software.I was at first not aware, that you are not part of the Navionics or Lawrance company. So after no having got a useful answer, I contacted Navionics directly and they helped me. Therefore I do not need you answer anymore.I therefore will ask to be paid back my funds I wad debited.