Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I was changing my impeller on my outboard I had just

Customer Question
I was changing my...

I was changing my impeller on my outboard I had just purchased this year and have run into a problem. The motor is a 1990 40 hp. classic. after looseing the three nuts that hold the Lower unit togeather there was a forth bolt under a plastic cap on the back side of motor. I have tryed all different size sockets both standard and metric, and can"t find the correct size CAN YOU HELP IN ANY WAY.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

NOT A lOT

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Classic yourself? What have you tried so far?

I THOUGHT i EXPLAINED THAT IN MY FRIST MESSAGE

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No JUST ABOUT THE BOLT UNDER THE PLASTIC COVER

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Boat
3/27/2018
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 26 days ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Do you have the serial number for the engine?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No not handy but when I bought the parts to do the job ,I had given the serail # to the marine shop where I got the parts and they said it was a 1990 40 hp classic 4 cylinder mercury outboard.

ok, I think that I can use that.

Is this plug above the lover unit, or under it?

Dominick
Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic