Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

My Volvo Penta inboard outboard motor comes up out of the…

Customer Question
My Volvo Penta inboard...

My Volvo Penta inboard outboard motor comes up out of the water when I switch to reverse. It makes it difficult to stop the boat as it surges forward. What can I do to fix the problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

That's all I know about it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

Not sure.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Boat
3/26/2018
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote but I do not see any kind of model numbers. What are the model numbers on both the engine and the sterndrive?

I don't have that information. I am pretty mechanical if you can just give me some idea of what holds the prop down while the inboard outboard motor is in reverse.

I ​would have no idea without model numbers. In short I have no clue what you have without model numbers. There are no time limits here. Did you want to get back to me later on once you have model numbers on everything? Or did you want to call it quits?

I'll get back to you later.

Okay sounds good, just reply back once you have model numbers and we will take it from there.