Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Mercury 1993 200hp Motor will not turn over. I've checked…

Mercury 1993 200hp Motor...

Mercury 1993 200hp Motor will not turn over. I've checked solenoid on bench its good. Everytime I engage the key to start it blows the trim fuse. ANy ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

It ran just fine last time out. I got to the ramp, trimed up the motor, then tried to turnover ... nothing. That when I found my trim fuse was blown. I replaced it, the trim worked again fine, then when I tried to turnover the starter did not engage, but blew the trim fuse again. I removed the starter solenoid, bench tested it, and it activates everytime.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

I also wiggled the run lever to be sure the neutral switch was free, and also that the kill switch was on. still engine will not turn over.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

do you have the serial number for the engine?

Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
OD213767
Phone call session started

called