Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Electrical wiring on the starter on a 1992 Beneteau sailboat…

Electrical wiring on the...

Electrical wiring on the starter on a 1992 Beneteau sailboat with a Volvo diesel model 2002

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

The motor was rewired by someone that didn't know diesels. he replaced the starter and selinoid. When you push the remote starter all you here is a spinning nose. The engine will not turn over.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

I have replaced the relay and checked all of the connections. The battery is new and fully charged. We have tried jumping the starter and that will cause the starter to engage and turn over the motor.

3/25/2018
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

H​ello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Were you just looking for a wiring diagram, or did you need help troubleshooting a problem?

Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Jay Collins. A wiring diagram.
Phone call session started

H​I Jay. No problem, making copy now. Did you need me to give you a call?

Please

Here is the diagram, see attachment. I will give you a call in a few minutes, I want to give you a minute to look at the diagram first.