Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have an Airmar triducer DST800 P617V installed in a

Customer Question
I have an Airmar...

I have an Airmar triducer DST800 P617V installed in a Raymarine Seatalk system. Everything was working fine a couple months ago. Now the system is not giving me water speed or true wind. I am getting depth and temp. I have removed the triducer and spun the water wheel, with no results. The same 3 dots on the data display. I think I have identified where the cable coming from the triducer connects to the chart plotter. Is there a way to troubleshoot the triducer from this connection?

Mechanic's Assistant: OK. Is there anything else the Engineer should be aware of?

All equipment is less than two years old - new boat.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Boat
3/25/2018
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

What you will need to test the speed on the tri-ducer is a magnet. One one of the blades there is a magnet that is what breaks the signal and sends the speed data to the plotter.

If you do not see that one blade of the speed wheel is magnetic, then the magnet in it has fallen out and the tri-ducer will need to be repaired.

This tri-ducer does not give you the true wind. That is the aerometer that is on the boat.

When can I expect an answer?

I just sent it to you.

Here you can get a repair kit for the speed wheel.

http://www.imarineusa.com/Airmar33-398-04.aspx

One of the paddles is still magnetized
Tom

Great.

On the plug end to the unit. Make sure that the connection os clean and tight to the unit. Also follow the wire lead as far as you can to make sure that it is not cut or chaffed anywhere.