Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have an I pilot and can't figure out the more advanced…

I have an I...

I have an I pilot and can't figure out the more advanced comands

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

Use of auto course anchor.these types of things

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

Model is roughly a 2012-3

3/21/2018
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Have you already seen the vids on this topic?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Some but have trouble falling.the r,n,gauge on left and the anchor and inward arrow on the right are my problems"!

Let me get the manual up and I can explain it to you.

Did you wish to move to the phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I hope we can handle this way

Ok. I have the manuals pulled up.

The green arrow, that points toward you on the remote is the navigation arrow. This means that the unit is going to a spot that is stored in it or the depth finder.

The anchor is the SpotLock. Green means that it is actively holding you on a spot and blue means that it is paused, like when you change the heading by pressing the steering buttons a few times to reaim the bow.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What about the other buttons on the left

The only R, that I see is the record button. This will record a track for you as you move thru the water, say on a brush line or an edge. When you are done, press the record again and it will stop. Then later you can replay it to the same edge.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How about those below the r

On the screen or the soft keys?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Soft keys sorry all these refer to the soft jeys

Below the R is the N, that is for the Auto-pilot to turn it on and off.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
below the n is a gauge type of design
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also the start and end in the center
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have I lost connection?

The gauge is the cruise control, so that you can set speed, then just steer as needed.

The 2 in the center are the track buttons. The top one, or start, will take you on the shortest distance to any recorded tracks that you have. Then it will start following that track from there to where it begins. One issue with this, even on the new models, it that it takes a route as the crow flies, meaning a straight line, it will not go around other boats or islands.

The bottom blue button is the Track end will also go straight to the nearest track you have recorded, but it will go to the end of the track.

Sorry, slow typer here.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think that does it thanks for your help.jules

Your very welcome. If you need or want the manual for it, follow this link and download the 2016 and prior legacy I-pilot manual to a computer or tablet.

https://www.minnkotamotors.com/sites/minnkotamotors_site/files/min_productmanaul_legacy_i-pilot_manual.pdf

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Charles
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic