Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Looking for a bottom paint stripper on fiberglass. Something…

Looking for a bottom paint...
Looking for a bottom paint stripper on fiberglass. Something that is not going to break the bank.
3/21/2018
Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast

I​nterlux Interstrip is probably the best, ***** ***** really help on multiple coats, but it can be pricey. Fiberglass Aircraft Stripper by Kleen Strip is cheaper and has better availability, but if the paint is thick, think about the Interlux. If you can find a deal on Citrus based strippers and have some time, they work pretty good too if left on for a while (48 hours or more).

Do you mean this :https://www.amazon.com/GAR343-KLEAN-STRIP-Aircraft-Stripper-Gallon/dp/B004Y1KX9E
This is coming up cheaper : https://www.westmarine.com/buy/interlux--interstrip-299e-fiberglass-paint-remover--P004_121_006_504

Y​es, both of those are good products. Because of shipping the prices can be all over the place.

Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast