Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a gen3. Under the system screen, I can't upgrade the…

I have a gen3...

I have a gen3. Under the system screen, I can't upgrade the new software. It doesn't offer the system upgrade

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.

I'm trying to upgrade my electronics. The YouTube videos don't work.

3/18/2018
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Do you know which software version you currently have?

Have you downloaded the software to a computer with a chip reader and then tried to install it into the unit?

I don't know what version I have. I don't have a computer with a chip reader.

Go into your menu, then settings, then to About. You will see the version there. If it is 18.1, which is the fishrevel, that is the newest one.

If it is not, you will need to get the HDS where it can get a WiFi signal, and then go into software update on the unit to download it from there.

I'm on the graph...under system...on the about....no support or software upgrad

Do you see which version you have on it?

HDS3-7
Version 1.5
Application - 51.1.89

That version will work.

Is there an issue with the unit?

No
My HDS-9... Has the same problem.. Under the system...under the about.....no software or support function

If it is working fine, and you are not having an issue with the auto pilot, or mapping, the new update wont do much for you.

Do you know if the systems are set to advanced user mode?

I have no idea

Ok, in the menu, go to restore factory defaults. This should take you through the set up again. When you get to the screen asking about user mode, select the advanced option. What this does is opens up more menu options for you.

You will not lose any data or waypoints doing this.

Got to go....try it later

No worries. There are no time limits here. Just reply back when you are ready if you still need assistance.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic