Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Need the proper procedure to start acting unit for 258 vista…

Customer Question
Need the proper procedure...

Need the proper procedure to start acting unit for 258 vista four winns 1995 model

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

I'm new boat owner it's not priming to start circulate water

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

No not really

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2018
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

H​ello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Which engine is in your Four Winns specifically? Is the boat on a trailer or in the water? Are you having some sort of problem, or do you just need to know how to start it?

It's in the water has a 454 King Cobra motor. . Trying to get the AC unit to work. This is a 258 vista four winns boat cruiser . Before I had to prime buy unhooking the outlet line and it started. Not doing it now just put it back in the water. Trying g to prime pump to circulate water

O​h so you are trying to start an air conditioner, not the engines? Originally you wrote "Need the proper procedure to start acting unit for 258 vista four winns 1995 model" so I wasn't sure what you meant by that. The first thing you would need to do is turn on the water pumps for the AC before the air conditioner will kick on. Are your water pumps turning on?

Not sure. AC unit is turned on. Supposed to pump water from my understanding . Remove outflow pipe to prime unit

Y​ou should have a separate switch on your electrical panel to turn the pumps on and off, this would be completely separate from the AC controls. Do you know where this switch is?

Wound that be called mermaid switch. . it's on. I clean the filters and but actually control box in AC mood.

I actually have no idea what it would be called. In most boats it's simply called AC Pumps. I don't think this is somethin I can help you out with. I will opt out and leave your question open to the community.

There is no access pump switch . So how do I get someone else. And was there a charge for this since you couldn't help me