Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

My Fortrex 112 starts on its own in the up or down position.

Customer Question
My Fortrex 112 starts...

My Fortrex 112 starts on its own in the up or down position. Sometimes I can make it stop in the up position by just jerking the boat to the left or right while on pad.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

I'm thinking this happens after I use the motor for a bit, for I can't make it screw up in my fishing boat bay.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Boat
3/15/2018
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 5 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

typically when this happens it is due to the spring becoming dislodged or missing from the foot pedal switch. It is part 350 in the diagram. Ensure that it is in place and aligned properly to keep the magnet switch from making contact as the bow of the boat bounces in the water.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0191/7628/files/Fortrex_112-52_62_inch-2015.pdf?5799048521254962857