Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a Kawasaki 300lx that produces an error message

"innd" along with a flashing...
I have a Kawasaki 300lx that produces an error message "innd" along with a flashing key icon and flashing led and a beeping when I insert the key.
Also, it was beached during Harvey and sat unused for 6 months. Of course, when I got it in the water and tried to start it, the battery was completely dead. Not sure if this contributed to the problem.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/15/2018
Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your boat question. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced,
I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Did you still need some help with this?

I still haven't determined the problem. I have spoken with several, local jet ski repair people and have heard 3 different things:
1) I need to replace the ECU and keys already programmed to it
2) My current ECU can be reprogrammed to the original key
3) It has nothing to do with the ECU, but rather the switch assembly.How do I know what the actual problem is and which solution will work?

The code you are getting is for an immobilizer amplifier failure. This is the little box the key goes into. I would suspect that if it just needed to be reprogrammed you would get the Icor wrong key code. So it is likely the ECU cannot "see" the immobilizer box. This could be due to a loss of programming in the ECU, but the only way to find out would be to reprogram the ECU then see if it will accept key after that.

Well, I found a used one of the little boxes that the key goes in to for $40 bucks. I'll try replacing that first. If that fixes the problem, great. If not, it sounds like I have to have the ECU reprogrammed, right?

Yup, that is probably true. IF the error message changes then it was the key holder. If you do need to simply reprogram the keys there is a tool for that and the procedure is explained here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6Ut5pxnVWA

Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast
Awesome. I got the part in the mail today. Unfortunately, I won't be at the lake again for a couple of weeks. I will give it a try! Thanks!