Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a Quicksilver 3000 ser control that I need to replace…

I have a Quicksilver 3000...
I have a Quicksilver 3000 ser control that I need to replace .My boat is a 1998 chapperel What control can I replace it with
3/11/2018
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

G​ood morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. There is more than 1 type of 3000 control. Is there any way you can send me a picture of yours so I can see exactly which one you have?

it is a quicksilver ser.3000

T​he issue here is the 3000 is a family of remote controls, not a specific model. There are something like 10 different "3000" remote controls. Are you able to take a picture of yours for me or is the boat not near you? If it's not near you, can you find a picture online of one that matches yours, or try and describe yours the best you can?

Okay I see it. What you need is Mercruiser part number 883710A03. ​You can order that from any dealer, or simply punch that number into google if you want to price shop around for it. The other thing you are going to need are new cables. The old 3000 remote control used what they called gen 1 cables. The newer remote controls use what they call gen 2 cables. What you will have to do is pull the throttle and shift cable out of the boat, measure their length, and order new cables. If you click this link, this is where you can order new cables from - http://shiftcables.com/Standard_Gen2_MERC.html I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further or more specific question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

I looked at the controler 883710A03 It dos not look at all like the one i sent you are you shore

Oh yes, definitely sure. The issue is Mercury does not make the 3000 series of remote controls any longer. They stopped making those well over 10 years ago. The number I gave you is for what is called an MPC4000 series of remote controls. 883710A03 ​is the replacement part for an old 3000 series panel mount remote control (which is what you have, a panel mount) does that all make sense.

ok

Was there anything else? If there was, feel free to ask. If not, please kindly select a rating for my help at this time. I do not get paid for helping you out until you select that rating for me. Thanks again. -Jason

Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic