Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

1996 Bayliner 2355 Cierra. We were fueling on land with a 5…

Customer Question
1996 Bayliner 2355 Cierra...

1996 Bayliner 2355 Cierra. We were fueling on land with a 5 gallon jug, when gas started coming out of the vent. The gauge show about 1/3 full.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

I've just purchased the boat so a bit unsure if the fuel gauge is correct.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

We were fueling the boat on the port side when the gas came streaming out of the fuel vent.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Boat
3/10/2018
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

H​ello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. What kinds of questions did you have on the issue? Did you need to know how big the fuel tank was? are you trying to figure out how to troubleshoot the gauge?

Hi I'm Don. If the tank were full would the fuel run out of the tank vent?
Are you still there?

HI Don. Yes it can. It can overflow either out of the tank vent or the filler hose.

A​re you still here Don?

Thanks, it’s been resolved.

G​lad to hear it. Out of curiosity what did you find?