Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I just installed my new ultrex and don't have power when I…

I just installed my...

I just installed my new ultrex and don't have power when I turn on the switch. I checked the power to the motor and have 24 volts.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

Just installed my new ultrex, everything looks good was ready to pair the gps with the trolling motor but when I turn the switch on to the trolling motor I don't have any power. I checked the power from the batteries at the bow of the boat and have 24 volts.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

Not that I know of.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Shane Creekmore
Shane Creekmore, Marine Mechanic
Do you have the foot control or the handheld remote?
I have both, I was trying to turn the motor on to pair the gps. I don' get anything when I turn it on.
Did you install the small round antenna?
Sorry it's taking so long. I had to go to work today
the gps is installed and ready to pair to the motor. I can't get the motor to come on. I have power from the batteries. It is a 24 volt system . Not sure if there is a default from the factory or if a circuit breaker on the motor itself has tripped or what. I just turned it on to pair it and nothing.
Are you going straight to the battery or through a plug in? I ask because the female plug may be configured wrong and not touching the posts it need to. I am going to see if I have one handy to look at. I sent 2 out yesterday but have never noticed a breaker on the unit.
I am using the plug on my old motor. Maybe I need to wire it direct
Before you do step out about 10 feet and hit the bottom button on the center of the remote and see if the remote will turn on
I had to go to my granddaughters soccer game right now. As soon as I get home I will try that.
Ok just let me know
Shane Creekmore
Shane Creekmore, Marine Mechanic
Ok thanks Shane
Shane tried the remote and no luck. Wired direct and everything works. How do you wire the marinco 4 prong plug? There are only 2 wires coming from the batteries. The plug had A+, B+, -, andNET.
Shane, its working, I had the positive in Bpositve instead of a+. Everything is working now. Thanks for all your help!
No problem. Glad I could help