Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 999 sidescan. 2015 model. Just in the last few days…

I have a 999...

I have a 999 sidescan. 2015 model. Just in the last few days it has gotten very slow about coming on when you push the power key. The little yellow bird comes up and then flickers a bit and it takes about 30 seconds or more to get the next prompt. Saturday It would not give me the next prompt at all until I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Need help. I know there is something wrong. Thanks

3/6/2018
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

The first thing to check is that if you have a map card installed in the unit, remove it and then see if the unit will boot normally. If it will not, check the voltage both where the wires connect to the boats power supply and at the connector to the unit. hey should be with-in 0.5V DC of each other. If that is good. Go to this site and register the unit if you have not already done so, then download a software update for it and instal tht into the unit. This should take care of the issue.

https://www.humminbird.com/Support/MyHumminbird/

Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic