Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Craft 18 ft Concept Bowrider Boat How hard and how much

Chris Craft 18 ft Concept...
Chris Craft 18 ft Concept Bowrider BoatHow hard and how much usually to change out the power trim lines.Have the two lines.Chevy 4.3L 6cyl motor in it.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/4/2018
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Which sterndrive is in the boat?

Not sure. Trying to buy this boat and it needs lines

As much as I would love to help you out I can't answer the question if I don't know what it is. Is there an advertisement online for this boat?

In/out cobra

What year cobra is it?

1995
I am just trying to figure out how hard to do it myself or the cost to pay someone.

H​ello, I do apologize for the delay. Now which lines need to be changed? Is it the trim lines inside of the engine compartment that are leaking, or the trim lines back by the sterndrive that are leaking?

I don't have the boat. Boat I am looking into. They are the trim lines. Just need to get a idea how much this would cost.

It's going to be expensive either way. There are interior and exterior trim lines. If it's the inside lines that are leaking, the engine will very likely have to come out just to gain access to the trim lines. There is simply very little access to the inside trim lines with the engine in place. If it's the outside/exterior lines that are bad. The sterndrive will have to be removed as will the bellhousing portion of the transom assembly. If you are going to pay somebody for this kind of work. If you need to replace the outside lines, it's going to be in the 1000 to 1200 ballpark. If it's the inside lines you are going to be in the 1500-1800 ballpark. If you had a further or more specific question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic