Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Have a Yamaha T9.9EXRG 6AVKX1000436H that I need a starter…

Have a Yamaha T9.9EXRG...
Have a Yamaha T9.9EXRG 6AVKX1000436H that I need a starter for but can't find the part number at Boats.net or other sites as they don't list that model in the drop down
2/21/2018
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

H​ello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. I am looking and T9.9EXRG does not appear to be a valid model number. Is there any way you can send me a picture of the ID plate on the outboard?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Jason. Let me see if I can get that. I have had this issue before I will get the pic but you will find it actually is a valid number. They are twin Yamaha 9.9 Hi thrusts on a PDQ36 sailboat. I am currently in the Bahamas. Let me see if I can find pic or get a new one

I​ typed the serial/vin number you gave me into Yamaha's dealer database and nothing comes up. I also simply typed the model number into google, and got no hits. So something isn't right there, it is possible the ID tag on your outboard is a misprint, it wouldn't be the first time. But let me have a look at it first. If I still can not ID the outboard by model # then what I would have you do next is take a couple of pictures of the outboard itself. A couple of shots with the engine cover on, and then a couple more shots with the engine cover off so that I can see what it all looks like.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Texted the ID plate to you did you get

No I didn't. We do not work through text messages or cell phones here. What you would do is upload the picture directly to the website. If you click this link, and then scroll down to "other" it will explain how to upload pictures - http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142 Also, this website is designed to work with computers running the Chrome or Firefox web browsers only. If you are trying to use the website via a cell phone or some kind of tablet, it will not work properly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Working on it. Crap internet here

O​kay I see it. That tag must be a misprint because there is no model with that designation and the VIN/Serial number does not take either. Are you able to snap a couple of pictures of the starter motor itself, from the side, so I can try to get a good look at it and try to match it to the parts catalogs visually? The more picture the better.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK it will be later on as we are under way now . Looks alot like 68T-81800-00-00
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My other engine is a misprint too then. Seems strange it is T9.9EXRG
6AVKX1000438H

Okay no problem, just post back later on and we will take it from there.

Good morning. I see it. The short answer is I just don't know. It looks like 68T-81800-00-00 ​to me but I have no actual way to confirm that. I will opt out and leave your question open to the community.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok thanks
Shane Creekmore
Shane Creekmore, Marine Mechanic
Jason was right. The part number is ***** The id tag is strange but it should be a 2008 model and this starter is for 2006 and up on the 9.9's
Shane Creekmore
Shane Creekmore, Marine Mechanic
Shane Creekmore
Shane Creekmore
Shane Creekmore, Marine Mechanic