Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I currently own 997c and purchased one of the new AIS

I currently own 997c...

I currently own 997c and purchased one of the new AIS radios. I can’t find a wiring diagram showing the leads from the 997c to connect to the AIS radio

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.

Need to know which wires coming out of the 997c are for input to from AIS Radio so I can see targets on the 997C

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?

No I hope it’s straight forward thank you so much

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/17/2018
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

What is the make and model of the AIS?

Standard horizon matrix

Thanks, ***** ***** up now.

The GX2200?

Sorry let me grab owners manual

No worries.

My son and I both working on this I’ll have to contact him for where he left Manual

There are no time limits here. I just need to make sure that I pull the correct one up to get the wire colors correct.

Can I contact you later please

Of course.

Just reply back to this thread and we will pick up from there.

It’s GX2200

ok, looking them up now.

Hi couldn’t hear you on phone

I havent called you. Im researching the answer now.

Ok it was 800 number take your time thank you

Yu will need a AS-PS2 cable to connect to the back of the 997 on the RS 232 connector. Then connect the Yellow from the GX to the Green on the humminbird. Then the White from the GX to the White on the huminbird. The black on the humminbird cable then goes to the boats ground on the fuse block.

The cable end from hummingbird 997c has been removed we have red, Orange, yellow and ground. Can you walk me thru using these colors

That will only be for DSC.

That looks great but we’ve cut the connector off and the wires color coded don’t match. Sorry but it’s the acc-com we cut off. We’re you able to receive the pic I send of the 997c wires

Yes I see the pics. The yellow will be the white then the orange to the yellow. Tape off the red, and the shield wire, take it to the boats ground.

Yellow on your cable to the white on the radio, the orange on your cable to the yellow on the radio

Thank you will be out on water tomorrow to test. Too far inland to work. Appreciate your patience out fault!!! Have great day

You too. Hope all works out well for you.

Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
I connected wires as instructed couldn’t see other large ships but extremely poor conditions on water to try to get any readings. Assume all is fine thank you