Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

We talked yesterday about leaking power, probably from the…

Hello jason, We talked yesterday...
Hello jason, We talked yesterday about leaking power , probably from the distributor. Today I disassembled the distributor and found two holes in the buttom of it, and I'm pretty sure that they could be where power is leaking.
I've attached photoes of each side, where the holes show.
Do you agree that it could be the problem?, I'm planning to plug the holes with plastic screws, monday morning and then test it.
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/19/2018
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hi Flemming, Jason here. No pictures came through, can you try re-sending them for me?

Got it. Those holes are supposed to be there, and the voltage would not leak out of those holes. Did you ever make up the probe with the screwdriver and jumper wire?

No, I didn't have the time today, sadly, but at the end of the day I just tryed to pull the housing off the distributor and found them two holes. But it cannot be from them you say, Hmm I will test with the probe monday.
New question about oil switch, do I start a new thread?

No that's okay, just ask about the switch here.

ok, I got the oil pressure switch, that You may remember was missing, and the fuelpump had direct power. Well I got it today, and I wanted to ask if you had a drawing of some sort that tells where to install it. Is it in the hole in the engine block just above the oilfilter?

Correct, it just goes in that hole just above the oil filter. I'm not sure if you still have the last picture I sent you or not. Click this link, this shows where it goes - https://forums.iboats.com/filedata/fetch?id=6944624

Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
ahhh excellent, thank you. I will have to make a converter cuz the hole in the engineblock is bigger. But that is no problem. Thank you again. Have a great weekend.

T​here are reducers for that. If you got to a plumbing supply store or hardware store you should can get one there.

Jason
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic