Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

How do I reset the safe mode to run properly on my Mercury…

How do I reset...

How do I reset the safe mode to run properly on my Mercury 60 EFI Big Foot out board/

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

Put a new battery in & fuel it ran great for a while then went to safe mode!

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

I had previously finished the proses of break in.

1/18/2018
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Do you have the serial number of the engine?

I Do sorry it took so long to get back to you we had an emergence on the corner by our home turned out to be a fender bender & no one was hurt. our engine Model # 1A60453KZ &Serial # 1C113638 HP 60 Kw 44.1 & LB 263 KG 119 Thank You for you rsponce.
I'm not with our pontoon at this time we're 200 miles from where it is at this time.

Glad to hear the no one was injured there.

What is the type of alarm that you are getting on the engine? A long solid tone, or a series of short beeps?

What year is the pontoon?

some short beeps then I loaded her up & put it storage by the lake.

Is that the only time it happens?

Do you know about what RPM the engine is at when this happens?

The pontoon is a 2010 Bass Buggy my be-mail is***@******.***
It only happened that one time
no I don't but I remember that we were at 3/4 throttle

I know the boat well, I work at a Tracker dealer.

With the alarm only going off once, I would keep an eye on the RPM next time that you load the boat. If it gets up above 5700, then the alarm is for overspeed. Also keep an eye on the battery voltage, it should not drop below 12V at anytime when the engine is running. There is no resetting the Guardian system as when the fault is not active, the alarm will not be going off or limit the RPM of the engine.

If you were to get a solid tone alarm, that would most likely be an overheat alarm and be cause by cavitation around the prop and water pickups on the gear case. The fix for this is to drop the engine down 1 hole in the mounting of it if it is not all the way down already.

Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic
Thank You Very Much for the information, that take's a load off my mind were going out there Monday & I'll check it out . I think the new battery that I got at the Marina didn't have a full charge when I installed it. The engine barely started I thought the alternator would take care of that. Thank You Respectfully. George