Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

I need a cable routing diagram for a 2013 8 ft Talon. As…

Customer Question
I need a cable...

I need a cable routing diagram for a 2013 8 ft Talon

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

As explained, I need a cable routing diagram for a 2013 8 ft dual stage Minn Kota Talon

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

That would be it, Thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/16/2018
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 1 month ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assist you with your question regarding your Talon. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Are you wanting the connection diagram for the boat, or an internal diagram to replace the power cord?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No sir the internal mechanical cable that stows and deploys it

Ok, looking that up.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is not available online through a search engine. I have looked extensively

Is your cable broken?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
sir

These have a 5 yr warranty on them. Have you already taken it to a dealer to see if it will be covered? Minn Kota is pretty good about covering its products most of the time.

Can I get the serial number for the unit?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
n238mk00704
I can go to the Minn Kota website and pull up parts diagrams with numbers and pricing but it doesn't show cable routing

Im going to do a live chat with them and see if they will email it to me.. Hang on a few.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They dont have it, i tried
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They emailed me brief, typed out instructions with no diagram

I just spoke to them as well. The Talon is still under warranty and the cable is cover by the 5yr warranty. The reason that there are not instructions published to replace the cable is that it takes a special tool that they will only sail to service centers.

Is there a service center near you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they wont warranty it because the boat changed hands

I really feel that you can make a case on it to Minn Kota. Have you told them that you are not the original owner of the Talon?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that is when they told me it wouldn't transfer

That not good. Without that one special tool, there is no way to get that done.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you for your time

I wish that there was something else that we could do.

Charles
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic