Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 75 mercury motor and have just spent around

Customer Question
I have a 75...

I have a 75 mercury motor and have just spent around $1000.00 having it serviced etc.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

The problem is that if the boat has hose and muffs on or just put it in the water on trailer everything run fine forward and reverse and revs out no worries.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

But when I put it into the water and start to go it wont rev past 2000 rpm at full throttle

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Boat
when you run motor with muffs all fine and rev out in forward and reverse.
Off the back of the trailer in water is fine
However when I put it into the water it will only rev out to 2000rpm and wont plane out or anything same in reverse
they have now told me I have to replace the crankshaft
is this right???
1/16/2018
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

G​ood morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Mercury outboards are cataloged by serial number. Can I get that number so I can look up and see which version of the 75 you have.