Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I don't know how to explain, this is for 2 year old df40…

Customer Question
Hi i don't know how...
Hi i don't know how to explain, this is for 2 year old df40 house power 4 stroke suzuki, when you put up throttle on power the engine start to choking.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Boat
1/15/2018
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote, what do you mean by starts to choking? Is the engine just not making full power?

This is Teck, how are you Jason , when i throttle up it just cut off but still running, i don't know if you can give me your contact i can send video on whatsapp for you, if you still not understand what i am talking.
Jason this is my contact(###) ###-#### is easily to explain on phone or you can give me your number.

Hi Teck. I do apologize for the delay. I am in the US and my system says that you are in AU, there is going to be a large time difference between us. Is there any kind of story or history to this engine, have you ever personally seen it run correctly? Did anything out of the ordinary happen to it? Has it been sitting for a long time? How old is the fuel itself? Have you done anything on your own yet to troubleshoot the issue?

This is the new out board 2015, i been using the engine before and all fuel are good it just sit for few months not been start, I think we have to speak on the phone or i can send the vedio on whatsapp so you see what is happening when i throttle up .

I am not available for phone calls outside of the US. I simply do not have the phone service for it. If you want to send me a video what you can do is upload that video to youtube, and then send me the link to that video. That way I can watch it.

I not sure if i know how to do it, but i will try sometime later.

Okay no problem.