Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Trying to replace stator... needingocean pro 200 hp 1997…

Customer Question
Trying to replace stator.....

Trying to replace stator... needingocean pro 200 hp 1997 wiring diagram

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

Replaced stator and power paxk and engine wont start up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?

Not really...

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Boat
1/7/2018
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. What is the actual model number on the engine as it reads on the ID tag?

E200TXECM...it isnt firing up and no sparks...
Jason....I would love to call you when my mechanic can chat to you. Am in the Bahamas...just left boat to google poss issues..

Okay got the model. I do not have international calling so I will not be able to call the Bamahas. Did you have any specific questions on the issue, are you trying to fix this yourself?

on trying to fix myself but wondering what the next step could be to diagnose issue!?

Disconnect the main harness from the outboard, then jump start it by jumping power to the yellow/red wire at the starter solenoid. Let me know if spark returns with the harness disconnected or not.

A​ny progress?

Dominick
Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic