Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have two Lowrance fish locator/depth finders. I need

Customer Question
I have two Lowrance...

I have two Lowrance fish locator/depth finders.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.

I need tranducers for both. First one is an Elite 5 Chirp which I need a trolling motor tranducer. Second one is a LMS-350A which I need a transom mount tranducer. I want to make sure I purchase the correct tranducers to do the job.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?

Not that I am aware of. I purchased an older aluminum boat and the LMS came with it. I already had the Elite 5 Chirp but am not sure which tranducer is correct for what I need.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Boat
12/29/2017
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you. I can look those up for you. It will take just a few minutes.

For the Elite 5, do you want just downscan or a totalscan on the trolling motor. Normally a downscan is used.

What is the difference between downscan and totalscan ?

The downscan is a smaller transducer and only looks down, with a chirp as well. The totalscan is a longer transducer that has down as well as side scan.

This here is the trolling motor transducer. You would want to buy the trolling motor adapter that is shown on the pare as well.

https://www.amazon.com/LOWRANCE-Fishfinder-Transducer-Connector-GetFeetWet/dp/B00ZSBZEFC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1514578340&sr=8-2&keywords=hdi+skimmer+transducer