Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 2002 mainship 390. The 110 inside lights and the…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 mainship 390. The 110 inside lights and the 110 side of the frig has stopped working. It acts the same whether I am on shore power or generator. I can only find one gfi and it is fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Boat
12/28/2017
Marine Mechanic: Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
Boat Doc
Boat Doc, Boat Enthusiast

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your boat question. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced,
I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. Did you still need some help with this?

The problem persist.

Have you checked the main breaker box for any breakers tripped?

Both sides of all the breakers are hot.

O​kay, since the lights and the fridge should not feed off the same hot lead you may have a bad neutral connection. Have you checked for loose or corroded connections on the neutral buss bar?

I will check that. The marina said that there were two power outages last week while we were gone.

You may want to check for power right at the fridge. If the power surged down it may have popped the compressor or the inverter, no sense chasing a feed problem if the unit has failed.

I may have to get someone to do that for me. I will get back to you later. Thanks for your help.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my
service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.