Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Pulled my shift rod out of my Yamaha 2003t9.9exhb to shange…

Customer Question
Pulled my shift rod...

Pulled my shift rod out of my Yamaha 2003t9.9exhb to shange the seal and can't remember whether the washer under the seal goes over or under the roll pin. Seems like the roll pin was above the washer, but that would make it possible for the pin to puncture the seal, which is what happened and is why I had to replace the seal.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

No, I just need to know the order of assembly in order to put it back together.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Boat
12/21/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. I had a look a both the service manual and the parts diagram and neither one shows a roll pin in the shift shaft. Is there any chance you can take a picture of what you have so I can see what you are seeing?

Are you still here?