Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I'm not getting any water coming out the back of my yanmar…

Customer Question
I'm not getting any...

I'm not getting any water coming out the back of my yanmar 3gm30f i've taken apart the pump and its fine the heat exchanger is clear the exaust elbow doesnt look blocked i have no idea where to go from there

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

I'll get a little bit of water coming out when i first start the engine up, then a little trickle and then nothing but smoke. it seems a bit like a pressure issue which would mean the pump but i can't see anytihng going wrong with the pump

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Boat
12/18/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. There are hoses between the thermostat housing and manifold and another between the manifold and mixing elbow. Have you pulled either of those off yet to see if you get any water out of them?