Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Have an 898C system and can't get the new Navionics Platinum…

Customer Question
Have an 898C system...

Have an 898C system and can't get the new Navionics Platinum card to stay down in the SD card slot. I can hold the card down and the card works but soon as I release it the depth line go away. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Marine Electronics Specialist should be aware of?

Nothing I can think of.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
Marine Mechanic: Charles, Marine Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Charles
Charles, Marine Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will assist you.

Does any other SD card stay in this slot?

Tried another card and it didn't stay down either. If I hold the card down it will work.
Will be waiting for your reply.

What you have is just a broken card lock on the device. You should be able to use the door and its lock to hold the card in. You may need to make a shim using a piece of cardboard to take up any space between the card and the door. Humminbird typically only works on units less than 5 yrs old. You can try the service center at 1-***-***-**** to see if they will work on your unit. The cost of the repair may make using a shim to hold the card worth it.

Thanks. A piece of cardboard it is.

Last I contacted Humminbird, the repair cost was rather expensive per hour. I would try to find a way to make it work rather than have it repaired. if it was truly in need of repair, I would upgrade to a Helix unit.