Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

No water coming through the bottom but through the top, 240…

Customer Question
No water coming through...

No water coming through the bottom but through the top

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

240 HP inbord not pushing water out the bottom

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Boat
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote but I do not see any kind of model information. What engine are you asking about specifically?

240hp mercury jet
My name is Jason as well

Hi Jason. Okay got it. Can you be more specific by what the engine is actually doing? Is it overheating?

overheating

Okay got it. Are you trying to run the engine off of a garden hose or is the boat itself in the water?

Four alarm sounds every 2minutes
Have tried both same

Okay the 4 alarm beep is not overheating, it's something else. Is the engine actually overheating or are you just getting the alarm?

The mechanic seems to think it is overheating and not pumping water through bottom
The alarm also has been solid and I shut the motor down
Does this sound major

It may or may not be major. Has the engine been hooked up to a scan tool yet to see what is causing the alarm?

The boat is at Griffith Marine nsw Australia
I'm not sure

Okay what kinds of questions did you have for me?

It looks like you read my last response. Are you still here?

I need to know what you think the problem is

Good morning. Sorry for the delay, when you replied back last night I had already logged off for the night. When you say what I think the problem is, To which issue are you asking about? You are describing 2 different problems. Did you want to talk about the 4 beep alarm or the constant alarm? Is there a gauge on the boat telling you that the engine is running hot?