Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 2003 70 hp outboard that starts and runs for about…

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 70 hp johnson outboard that starts and runs for about ten minutes then dies and wont restart

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

I have checked the fuel system including the high pressure pump and it appears to be working correctly. When the motor dies i can restart with starting fluid

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Boat
12/11/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 4 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. What is the model number on the outboard?

J70PL4ST

Got it. This engine is EFI. There really isn't anything you can do yourself without a scan tool/EV Diagnostics. The engine really has to go to the dealer. Was there something I could help you with?

Not if I have to take it to a dealer. Thanks

No problem, good luck.

Dominick
Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic