Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

My power trim is gone on my motor. What is the most common…

Customer Question
Hi. My power trim...

Hi. My power trim is gone on my motor. What is the most common problem? Is an Evinrude e-tec 40 hp 2008 model

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

No. I just want to know what the most common problem is.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Boat
12/7/2017
Marine Mechanic: Joe, Marine Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today. Please bear with me for just a min while I form my reply to you.

The most common problems are loss of power/ground due to bad wiring or broken connections, corrosion etc, failed motor, leaking and fluid too low (if motor still runs but doesn't move) so long as neither up or down work and no motor noise I would start with fuses, checking main power/ground, switch and motor. The relays can also go bad. Again we can get more involved with testing if you'd like but for now I am just sending your request of common problems. Can also get seizing in the tilt rod.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.
Thanks for using justanswer and have a great day!

Ok. Can I check it when I have released from the motor.
What is the best dealership on the net. Ps I’m writing you from Norway.

The trim motor can be tested when not connected to the motor. If you have the model number I should be able to assist you better.

Are you looking for a place online to purchase parts from when asking for the best dealership online?

Thanks,

Joe

Marine Mechanic: Joe, Marine Mechanic replied 5 months ago

Good morning, I just wanted to check in with you to see if you needed any further help with the trim system or if it has now been resolved?

Thanks,

Joe