Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Need torque specs and head bolts sequence for 1994 8 hp out…

Customer Question
Need torque specs and...

Need torque specs and head bolts sequence for 1994 8 hp Johnson out board

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

Need torque specs and head bolt sequence for 1994 8 hp johnson

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Boat
12/2/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. The spec is 60 to 84 inch pounds. There isn't an actual sequence. When I do engines like these what I will do is start with the middle 2 bolts first and then criss/cross the top and bottom bolts in an X fashion. I also will torque it down in 2 passes. For example, on the first pass torque all screws to say 30 to 35 inch pounds. Then on the 2nd pass torque them all down to the 60 to 84 inch pounds. Does that all make sense. I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further or more specific question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason