Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a bass pro 175 boat that has a lowrance Hook 4x

I have a bass...

I have a bass pro 175 boat that has a lowrance Hook 4x installed on it. I would like yo move the Hook 4x to the bow of the boat and install a Hook 7 in its place. Will the transducer cable for the Hook 4x work with the Hook 7?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?

The color of the Hook 4x connector is blue

the color of the Hook 4x transducer cable connector is blue
11/21/2017
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. The transducer for the Hook 4X will work, but you want to keep in mind that the transducer that comes with the Hook 4X is of a lesser quality than the transducer that comes with the Hook 7. The best analogy I can make is the Hook 4X has a small screen and because of that doesn't require an aweful lot of detail. The Hook 7 has a much larger screen, and because of that it can take advantage of a higher quality transducer that will send more detail to that screen. Image you had a high quality top of the line High Definition TV, and you hooked up a VCR to it. You would still get a picture on the screen, but the quality of that picture is not going to be as good as it would be if you were watching a Blue Ray DVD or a High Definition TV channel. So the existing transducer will work. It will plug in and it will send an image to the screen, but you would be leaving some picture quality on the table if you do not swap out the transducer as well. Does that all make sense. I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further or more specific question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

I rate Jason's service ___8____. Does your answer say that I can replace the Hook 4x transducer with the Hook 7 transducer and use the Hook 4x cable and get the desired high quality signal?

The cable is part of the transducer, it's not a separate piece that you can unplug from the transducer itself. So when you replace the transducer, you are also replacing the cable itself. Does that make sense.

I rate Jason's service t ztars

You are very welcome. I will let the moderators know that you had trouble with the ratings system. Thanks again and happy boating! -Jason

Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic