Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

I have a 2008 Wellcraft 232 Fisherman powered with a 225 HP

Yamaha. Is there any reason...
I have a 2008 Wellcraft 232 Fisherman powered with a 225 HP Yamaha. Is there any reason I can't re-power with a new 300 HP Yamaha ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Thinking about re-powering 208 Wellcraft 232 Fisherman with a new 300 hp Yamaha. Currently has a 225 Yamaha....Any problems with that ?
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: is not
11/21/2017
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? According to my records the boat is rated for up to 300 horsepower. So I don't see any reason why you can't repower with a 300. Did you have a more specific question on the issue?

I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further or more specific question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Jason
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic