Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

I have just purchased a 1995 70hp for my boat and i am not

Customer Question
Hi JA: Hello. How can I...
Hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i have just purchased a 1995 70hp Johnson for my boat and i am not completely certain how to connect the 3 trim tilt wires from the Control box to the outboard
JA: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: Behind the omc control handle is a black cable with 3 wires inside it. From looking on the internet I found out that these 3 wires go to the power trim motor on the outboard, but how exactly ?
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Noi dont think so
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Boat
11/21/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 24 days ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? What is the model number on the outboard?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
My name is***** live in Sydney Australia

Hi Mick. Do you have a model number on the outboard?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Jason what time is it where u are as it is 1am here and it is too late for me to be at my boat

It's 9 am for me right now.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I would like A call but I need to be at my boat so that I can tell you what parts I have and what I don’t have
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
What is the latest time today that we can talk

I am in the US. I wouldn't be able to call you in Austrailia. I do not have the phone service for something like that. I am off an on most days. I tend to log off around 8 PM EST most days.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
How about I take up a new internet conversation with you in 7 hours time and I can at least type to you what I have and do not have then you can tell me how and what I need
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Are u there

Just reply back once you have a model number and we will take it from there.

Dominick
Dominick
Dominick, Marine Mechanic