Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

My 1985 outboard 90 horse is hard to crank and run because…

Customer Question
My 1985 Johnson outboard...

My 1985 Johnson outboard 90 horse is hard to crank and run because of fuel issues ,I took it to a repair business and they claimed they reapaired an alarm . Motor now wont idle and insnt getting any fuel

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Boat
11/21/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote, what do you mean by it isn't getting any fuel, did you hook up a gauge and try to measure fuel pressure or are you doing some other type of test?

I left it to the mechanic to handle it , they act like theyre not interested in working on it . I gave me an alarm first time I had it out ( been sitting up for years) .I had them put a water pump it it first . I think it could be the VRO . Not sure thinking of asking a lawyer what legal course I have at this point . They claim they clean the carbs and put a new fuel line in it I didn't see any new fuel line . These people are supposed to be pros . Don't understand it .

Okay so how is it I can help you. I am a mechanic, not a lawyer. Were you looking to speak with a mechanic or were you looking to speak with a lawyer?