Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Have a dragonfly 4 updated to latest now every time I turn…

Customer Question
Have a dragonfly 4...

Have a dragonfly 4 updated to latest now every time I turn it on it goes through a complete system check

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.

Does complete system check every time it is switched on

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Marine Electronics Specialist should know?

Have just done updates and factory reset

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Boat
11/19/2017
Marine Mechanic: Matthew John, Marine Mechanic replied 5 months ago
Matthew John
Matthew John, Marine Mechanic

Hi my name is***** to Just Answer ! I will be assisting you.

It is possible that the file may have been corrupted along the way, so I would suggest for you to complete the Download and Update process once more and give it a try.

Before you do that tho, I would try once more a Power On - reset.

Just check the following notes in the update first;

0
false
18 pt
18 pt
0
0
false
false
false/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0cm;
mso-para-margin-right:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0cm;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:12.0pt;
font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-ansi-language:EN-US;}Please note that product software updates may revert some MFD configuration settings back to the MFD's default settings. As such, it is recommended that customers make note of the MFD's configuration settings so that they may be used to reconfigure the MFD's settings after the MFD's software has been updated.

Performing a Power on Reset

Performing a Power on Reset will delete all

settings/presets and user data (such as waypoints

and tracks) and revert the unit back to factory

defaults.

1. Power the unit off.

2. Power the unit back on.

3. When the Dragonfly logo appears Press and

hold the Power button.

The Raymarine Initialization screen is displayed.

4. Press the Power button again to select ‘1 – Reset

to factory defaults’.

A 7 second countdown will begin. When the

countdown reaches zero the unit will be reset to

factory default settings.

5. You can stop the reset process by pressing the

Power button again before the countdown timer

reaches zero.

This will select the second option: ‘2– Exit and

start the application’ and begin a new countdown

timer.

Please let me know if this information is helpful!

Regards,

Please note that product software updates may revert some MFD configuration settings back to the MFD's default settings. As such, it is recommended that customers make note of the MFD's configuration settings so that they may be used to reconfigure the MFD's settings after the MFD's software has been updated.

Matthew John
Matthew John
Matthew John, Marine Mechanic