Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Suzuki df 70 serging at 2800 RPMs. I have replaced the

Customer Question
Suzuki df 70 serging...

Suzuki df 70 serging at 2800 RPMs

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.

I have replaced the Injector pump and spark plugs .plugs showed signs of too rich fuel .Tried it out started fine but serges At 2800rpms

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes boat issues seem like they'll be really complicated, but end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?

Engine serges @ 2800 rpms

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Boat
11/18/2017
Marine Mechanic: Jason, Marine Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote, is there a story or history to this engine. Have you ever personally seen it run correctly? How old is the fuel itself? Are you capable of checking things like engine compression, spark output, and fuel pressure?

The boat has run well in the past. Just put in new fuel 97 octane ethanol free and Lucas injector cleaner New plugs new injector pump starts great runs great up to 2800 rpms and that’s when the serving starts when I lower the rpms it stops. Plugs were black with foul

W​hen was the last time it ran correctly exactly, are we talking last week or 2 years ago? Are you able to check things like engine compression, spark output, and fuel pressure?

It ran well 3 months ago but would not start that’s when I had to replace the fuel pump. I do not have the ability to check any of those thingd

I​f you are not able to check those things then this isn't likely something you can fix yourself. How is it I can be of help to you, what kinds of questions did you have for me?

Thank you I will probably have to take it to a mechanic

Ok​ay no problem, if you do end up having a question for me after speaking with your mechanic feel free to reply back any time.