Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

I have a 2002 Yamaha 250 HPDI This unit idols well

low-pressure fuel steady at 50...
I have a 2002 Yamaha 250 HPDI This unit idols well low-pressure fuel steady at 50 high-pressure idling about 980 when I’d pull it up on a plane the high-pressure fuel drops down to about 200 psi low pressure fuel maintains 50 psi steady
It is a Z250Txrb
11/18/2017
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Hi Jim. Jason here. If your medium pressure is good but your high pressure is bad it's going to be one of a couple of problems. Either the "mystery filters" inside of the HPDI pump are clogged. The high pressure regulator inside of the pump is bad. Or the HPDI pump itself is bad. Yamaha does not endorse nor give instructions for opening up that HPDI pump. In their view, if there is something wrong with the pump, the entire pump should be replaced. Click this link for a picture. The filters are #26, 28, 31. https://imgur.com/a/7sq1s I would give you the instructions for changing those filters but unfortutely no instructions exist. Yamaha does not put anything in the service manuals for servicing the pump or changing those filters. Another option is simply sending the HPDI pump out for repair. There are many independent companies that repair them. Click this link, this is one that I have used in the past and had good luck with. https://www.injectorrx.com/yamaha-hpdi-mystery-filters/ I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Please note that our question sessions never close out, so if you need to come back later down the road with follow up questions to the issue, you can do so at any time, even after putting through a rating.

Thanks in advance, and good luck
Jason

basically the filter in the pump is not serviceable
What # in the diagram is the filter

Did you read my answer?? I wrote "Click this link for a picture. The filters are #26, 28, 31. https://imgur.com/a/7sq1s"

I did I see it thanks

You are very welcome and I was glad I could help. Please keep in mind that thanking does not pay me, only putting through a rating for my help is what pays me. (The website did charge you the full amount that you offered to speak with me but they will not pay me unless a rating is selected) The ratings box is located at the top of your screen, if you do not see it you might have to scroll up. If you still can not see it, or have a hard time when trying to select a rating for my help, please let me know and I will alert the moderators.
Thanks again and good luck!
Jason

Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic