Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

My HDS 8 lost the color palete & has horizontal black lines…

My HDS 8 lost...

My HDS 8 lost the color palete & has horizontal black lines moving from top of screen to bottom..help

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Electronics Specialist I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Electronics Specialist can help you best.

The unit is only 4 years old.My front HDS 8 works great.

Answered in 1 day by:
11/18/2017
Matthew John
Matthew John, Marine Mechanic

Hi my name is***** to Just Answer ! I will be assisting you.

You can try checking the connections at the back of the unit are sound and secure and that there are no breaches to the wiring insulation.

Secondly, just see if the lines on the screen vary in frequency with engine RPM. You can do this by revving the engine in neutral and see if this makes a difference on the screen.

Then, I would try a Soft Reset on the unit. I will provide that info in an attached pic.

Also,

Check for the latest updates on the Lawrance Site and always try to keep your units up to date.

Regards,

Matthew John
Matthew John, Marine Mechanic