Boat

Have Boat Questions? Ask a Boat Repair Expert.

Boat

I got 250hp yamaha 2003 direct injection. No going more than

Hi i got 250hp yamaha...
Hi i got 250hp yamaha 2003 direct injection
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: No going more than 3400 rpm
JA: Is there anything else the Marine Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: Was working only on 4cyl i changed the control switch now ok on 6cyl but no power after 20min drive increases to 5000
11/15/2017
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic

Good morning, my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with? I read what you wrote. Have you ever personally seen this engine run correctly? How old is the fuel itself? Have you done anything on your own yet to troubleshoot the issue? Are you able to check compression and spark output?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The fuel 8month old i added 40l fresh on it
Starts but no more than 2200 rpm
I find the control switch bad i changed it
Now idle perfect at home revs 6100rpm max but in the water under load no power
Max 3400 and Increase slowly 3500 till 5500 rpm max . Tuned of after 3hous of fishing way back no more than 3400 rpm
Compression 130 -135 psi all cyls

Start by running the engine off of an alternative fuel supply (like a portable fuel tank, or a 5 gallon gas can) and let me know if the engine runs any better or not.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have already tried that no difference

Are you able to check spark output with a timing light and medium fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No tools for that

These are extremely complicated engines and they are going to require many tools. Without the tools there isn't anything you could possibly do on your own. How is it I can be of help to you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Could the old fuel and spark plugs cause this problem?

You said that you already ran the engine off of a different fuel tank. Was there old fuel in that different fuel tank or brand new fuel in that different fuel tank?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
New fuel but I tried it at home not in the water .
I used the old tank wich had 150L and i toped it up with new 40L of fuel
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thats was in the water

You have to run the boat in the water and under a load when doing it on a different fuel tank. Just reving it in neutral doesn't mean anything. Can you run the boat on a different fuel tank (in the water) and let me know?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will try and do it in the next couple of days i will let you know once i tried it

S​ounds good. Let me know how you make out.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All good mate the problem was from a old fuel .thanks

You are very welcome and I was glad I could help. I do want to make sure you are happy with my service before you go. If you had a further or more specific question on the issue by all means feel free to ask. If not, Just in case you do not understand the way the website works (and some folks do not). You do have to put forth a positive rating in order for it to credit me for helping you. When ratings are not done, the website simply keeps your deposit and they will not credit me. The ratings box is located at the top of the screen. To rate, you must select the star you wish and also confirm it. Please let me know if you run into any problems or errors when trying to do it. If you do have a problem, or if you can not see the ratings box which is at the top of the screen. Please reply back "I rate Jason's service _______" and fill in the blank.

Questions do not close out, so if you have to come back later on with follow up questions to the issue you still can even after doing a rating.

Thank you
Jason

Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic
Jason
Jason
Jason, Marine Mechanic